Saturday, July 4, 2009

Hotel "Amenities" - it's all relative

I've been trying to work out the details for a quick two or three day trip to Ethiopia in August to meet my two Compassion kids who live there. Now that I have potential dates, I decided to jump online to check out some hotels. After finally locating a decent website for hotels in Addis Ababa, I began reading the descriptions for the nicer hotels - the ones that actually have websites. With the exception of the two expensive western hotels in the city (the Sheraton and the Hilton), the hotels all definitely have "flair." For your reading pleasure, here are some of the advertised amenities for hotels in the area.

"Private shower"
"Shower with HOT water!" (I like)
"Carpet from one side of room all the way to the other!"
"Bed is furnished"
"Internet available. Internet not always available"
"Hotel restaurant serves lunch three days a week!"
"16" tv with cable"

You get the idea. Personally I want to book a room at the hotel with the carpet that goes from one side of the room all the way to the other. Only because that line amused me enough to inspire me to write this note. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment