Sunday, July 19, 2009

Random updates that will benefit you in no foreseeable way

So I have a confession to make: I really want purple hair. I know, I know, I know...I'm a hopeless case when it comes to hair color. But seriously, deep purple with a few black streaks or maybe just half black/half purple - it would be EXCELLENT. As we love to say here in Sanaa, "Mumtaz!" I would totally love it!

I tell you all of this because a couple of days ago, I bought a box of hair dye here in Yemen, knowing that the mixing of this supposedly red color with my current red color might produce something less than desireable. At the time I wasn't thinking purple at all, but when I put it on, about five minutes later I looked in the mirror and my hair was definitely purple. I got momentarily and prematurely super excited - the color ended up darkening to what is now something resembling black with a red tint. I like it, but I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed. I was so close! Sure, purple hair in Yemen is probably not a good idea, but where else am I ever going to do it? lol

If I close by telling you that I bought this amazing fifty cent ring from an underground tunnel today - a ring that spins and consequently captivates my attention every time I look at it - will you think I've gone completely mad?

No comments:

Post a Comment