Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pictures of Sana'a

The first time I travelled to the Middle East was back in 2004. I remember looking out over the hillsides of Amman one afternoon and commenting to my friend Jessica with an emphatic shake of my head, "This place is beautiful." She tilted her head, studied the landscape for a moment, and then replied, "It's pretty. Don't know if I would call it beautiful."

Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder. But that being said, to this day I love the landscapes that stretch across the vast lands of the Middle East. Surveying pictures of Sana'a, Yemen, make me that much more excited to be spending the summer there. Sana'a has a very different look from other places I've travelled in the ME, but it incorporates some of the classic elements of the region that I love so much. Check out these links to see for yourself:

National Geographic

Old Sana'a

Wayfaring

No comments:

Post a Comment